- Principal embarks on ICT ‘game-changer’
From the outside, Inaburra School looks like any other, but what’s happening within its walls is something rather special.
- Curious Minds boost STEM engagement
A hands-on initiative aimed at boosting female engagement in STEM is proving to be a success, Australian Science Innovations chair, Deb Smith, tells The Educator.
- The Educator Weekend Wrap: Teachers being ‘hired out’, doubts over Gonski and school gets reprieve
Making news this week, schools hiring out their teachers, Gonski doubts surface and a beleaguered school gets a last-minute reprieve.
- Students gear up to challenge the world
Tournament of the Minds has been running for nearly 30 years, but the skills it is helping students foster are more important than ever. The Educator investigates.
- Far Out Friday Student’s graduation speech trumps the rest
A Chicago school student has paid tribute to his school and its teachers – using the voices of the 2016 US presidential candidates.
- Principal enforces ‘gender-neutral’ language in school
Using the term ‘girls’ or ‘ladies’ is considered gender discrimination at one UK school, which is now encouraging students to use ‘gender-neutral’ language.