- ‘Angry’ teachers will keep on striking, says union
The refusal of their employers to listen to their concerns about wages and workload has left Catholic teachers little choice but to continue striking, says the IEU.
- Why home education is on the rise in Victoria
Despite money and resources being poured into Victorian schools, an increasing number of families are turning to home education. The Educator investigates why.
- Could this one simple act re-energise teacher morale?
A perfect storm is brewing in Australian education, but there is a way to weather it, former principal and professional speaker, Steve Francis, tells The Educator.
- Homework harms student learning, says former principal
Homework is like educational fairy floss, says RealSchools founder, Adam Voigt.
- Recycled water connected to school’s drinking supply
For the second time this year, students at a Melbourne school have been unknowingly drinking water recycled from a sewerage treatment plant.
- Schools can’t ‘lock down’ social media, but….
The Educator investigates what is being done by principals to combat the recurring problem of social media-based threats against their schools.