- Teacher charged with assault of seven students
A primary school teacher will face court early next year charged with 13 counts of aggravated indecent assault.
- The Educator Weekend wrap: SRI overhaul, domestic violence kits and teacher wins discrimination case
Making news this week, SRI classes get overhauled, schools tackle domestic violence and teacher wins a $90,000 discrimination case.
- Swelling class sizes causing classroom chaos
For the first time, the OECD has acknowledged a direct link between swelling class sizes and a spike in student behavioural issues.
- Department putting itself in ‘dangerous position’
The Education Department is putting itself in a dangerous position by making "theological judgments", a major SRI provider tells The Educator.
- School maintenance to be outsourced
The maintenance and construction of more than 200 Sydney schools will be outsourced as the NSW Government sells off part of the state's public works program.
- Opinion: Social media, trash talk, and the real world
Michelle Green, chief executive of Independent Schools Victoria, says educators must not only ensure students understand the real world effects of social media use, but apply it in practice.