- Union urges Turnbull to heed experts’ calls on Gonski funding
New Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull must listen to the views of business leaders, community groups and unions and commit to funding the full six years of the Gonski reforms, the Australian Education Union (AEU) says.
- Teacher misconduct claims rise sharply
Teachers are being warned to refrain from accepting social media approaches from students following reports of a sharp rise in serious misconduct allegations against school staff.
- Students get chance to shine on global stage
The Educator talks to one of five Australian students who will soon represent their respective states in the world’s largest education competition.
- What’s behind the shortage of male teachers?
New research from the Australian Catholic University (ACU) shows a significant shortage of male primary school teachers. The Educator talks to associate professor Philip Riley from the ACU to find out why.
- Australian Jewish school may be investigated
An Australian Jewish school that helped its principal flee the country following accusations of sexual misconduct may face a police investigation.
- CBA targets primary school kids
The Commonwealth Bank has announced it will rapidly expand its footprint in the nation’s primary schools, describing children as young as five as “customers”.