- Opinion: Why we need Gonski
As Gonski Week begins, Australian Education Union (AEU) national secretary, Correna Haythorpe, explains why it’s time for the Federal Government to commit to the full six years of the funding model.
- Responding to threats in the workforce - a best practice guide
An employment lawyer weighs in on how HR should respond if a threat of violence is directed towards an employee in the workplace.
- Weekend wrap: New laws touted after principals bashed, ‘resistant’ schools and a suspended staffer
Making news this week, principals tout new laws to protect against assaults, a Google exec explains why schools must change and a female staffer gets suspended.
- New laws touted after principals bashed, threatened
Mandatory jail terms for people who assault police should extend to those who assault principals, Australian Principals Federation (APF) national president, Ron Bamford, tells The Educator.
- Schools must overcome resistance to change, says former Google exec
Today’s schools have become “structurally resistant to making changes” and this needs to change if educators want to prepare students for the real world, AltSchool’s founder, Max Ventilla, tells The Educator.
- Far Out Friday: Principal infuriates teachers after dumping their desks
A New York principal provoked the ire of her teachers after she dumped their desks on the curb outside the school. But just wait till you read why.