- Senate says schools failing kids with disability
The school system is failing children with a disability, with a national inquiry finding they are routinely bullied, abused and refused enrolment.
- Schools shortage crisis coming, warns report
A sharp rise in student numbers threatens to overwhelm one state’s school system, which lacks the facilities to accommodate them, a new report warns.
- Another top private school under fire
A top Sydney private school has come under fire after it was revealed that Year One students were engaging in inappropriate behaviour with one another on school grounds.
- From bleak to elite: one school’s journey to becoming a top-performer
In 2008-2009, Glenunga International High School was underperforming. Now it’s one of Adelaide’s top schools and experiencing a surge in enrolments. Its principal tells The Educator why.
- The Educator Weekend wrap: A ‘digital divide’, top school under fire and special needs kids at risk
Making news this week, teachers warn of a digital divide, a top school is accused of discrimination and special needs students at risk.
- Private schools have ‘greater diversity’ of fees
Independent schools have a much greater diversity of fees than is often portrayed, says the Independent Schools Council of Australia (ISCA).