- Safe Schools program not so safe for kids, say academics
A national anti-bullying program to help schools accept and support young Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Inter-sex (LGBTI) is under fire over some of its teachings.
- Indigenous students ‘closing education gap’
While recent data showing a spike in Indigenous Year 12 completion levels is encouraging, more needs to be done to close the gap in rural and remote areas, say researchers.
- Far Out Friday: Student writes epic response to school’s dress code
It’s certainly not be the first time a student has spoken up about sexist school dress codes, but this student’s response deserves to be shared.
- Calls to overhaul ‘decades old’ school funding model
School communities win when schools support staff are properly supported to do their jobs, says Together Queensland secretary, Alex Scott.
- Ethics classes end ‘130 years of discrimination against children’
By providing a meaningful alternative to religious education, ethics classes bring an end to discrimination against children in the classroom, a NSW MP tells The Educator.
- New course tackles domestic violence…at its roots
The more educated youth are about the attitudes that contribute to violence, the less “normalised” violence against women will become, teacher Briony O’Keeffe tells The Educator.