- Female staffer suspended over allegations
Police are investigating allegations that a female staff member at a NSW school had inappropriate relations with several students.
- Make your school lockdown a safe one
The quick thinking and coordination of staff at a NSW school last week shows why following safety protocols during a potentially dangerous situation is crucial.
- The Educator Weekend wrap: HSC exams, World Education Games and environmental education
Making news this week, more than 77,000 NSW students sat their HSC exams, the World Education Games came to Sydney and schools got a climate change wake-up call.
- Principals have important role to play in environmental education
Principals have “multiple opportunities” through the existing curriculum to boost their schools’ education of environmental sustainability, IEU deputy general secretary, Gloria Taylor, tells The Educator.
- How prepared is your school for a pandemic?
Schools can be a 'hot bed' for pandemics, warns a leading insurer. The Educator investigates how you can prepare – and protect – your school.
- Autonomy should be for teachers – not schools, says expert
Teacher autonomy must not be confused with school autonomy, cautions a leading education expert.