- New laws touted after principals bashed, threatened
Mandatory jail terms for people who assault police should extend to those who assault principals, Australian Principals Federation (APF) national president, Ron Bamford, tells The Educator.
- Schools must overcome resistance to change, says former Google exec
Today’s schools have become “structurally resistant to making changes” and this needs to change if educators want to prepare students for the real world, AltSchool’s founder, Max Ventilla, tells The Educator.
- Far Out Friday: Principal infuriates teachers after dumping their desks
A New York principal provoked the ire of her teachers after she dumped their desks on the curb outside the school. But just wait till you read why.
- Meet the school pushing the boundaries of innovation
The Educator investigates how coding and robotics classes can free up teachers’ time and engage students.
- Catholic teachers walk off the job
Teachers in most Queensland Catholic schools are striking today over an ongoing pay dispute with Catholic school employers.
- Schools get major Gonski boost
Data collected from public schools already shows Gonski funding has improved learning outcomes for students most in need, NSW Secondary Principals Council president, Lila Mularczyk, tells The Educator.