- The Educator Weekend wrap: MLC in crisis, the Ravenswood rebel and bullied kids turn to home ed
Making news this week, MLC Sydney in turmoil, a student’s speech causes uproar and bullied kids turn to homeschooling.
- Auditor-General slams Education Department
A serious rethink by the NSW Education Department is needed to address surging enrolments, student performance and schools’ IT systems, warns a new report.
- Far Out Friday: Weedkiller prank no laughing matter, says principal
A juvenile prank carried out on school grounds has led to an unlikely debate…about gender etiquette.
- School hit by major chickenpox outbreak
A chickenpox outbreak at a school that has affected a quarter of its students has raised concerns about some schools’ leniency when it comes to vaccinations.
- Opinion: Educating the educators
Utilising technology to improve teaching outcomes is essential in the classroom of the future, explains Elaine Shuck, director of education at Polycom.
- Private school in crisis: 30 staff quit, students launch petition
The principal of a Sydney private school is under fire over her business decisions, prompting staff to quit and a student-led petition.