- Top school motivated by financial concerns, not learning, says captain
An outgoing school captain has made waves by using her end-of-year speech to slam the negative effect that the business of education is having on student learning.
- The swing states of principal health and well-being
Last week’s report into principal health and well-being showed some states fair better than others when it came to reports of bullying and violence. The Educator investigates.
- New early intervention quiz aims to stop youth radicalisation
As the Government spends millions to combat youth radicalisation, a Sydney school psychologist says her 35-minute quiz could stop potential radicalisation in its tracks.
- The Educator Weekend wrap: Principals under siege, SRE materials axed and NAPLAN's latest report
Making news this week, principals in danger, controversial SRE materials get axed from schools and NAPLAN releases its latest report.
- Exclusive: Inside Melbourne’s new multi-million dollar schools
Classroom design is about more than knocking down walls and creating collaborative spaces, the lead architect of some of Melbourne’s new multi-million dollar schools tells The Educator.
- Entire education system at risk, report warns
The future of our entire education system is at risk with increasing stress, threats and violence facing Australian principals taking their toll, warns a new report.