- The Educator Weekend Wrap: Top school refutes ‘church takeover’ claims, govt probes Safe Schools
Making news this week, a top school responds to ‘incorrect’ claims, Safe Schools is investigated and principals float a plan to prevent burnout.
- Opinion: Why I support Safe Schools as a principal
When our senior footballers tell their opponents not to use 'gay' as a derogatory term, we know that the Safe Schools program is having an impact, writes Jim Laussen.
- Teacher’s ‘education crisis’ warning goes viral
A teacher’s Facebook post on why she quit the profession has gone viral after she claimed education in Australia was in crisis.
- Far Out Friday: 10 absurd school bans
In some schools, using ketchup, wearing a backpack or making a Father’s Day card can get you detention. Inside we take a look at some of the most absurd school bans.
- Expectations ‘out of step’ with workload, warn principals
The rate of change in school autonomy and performance expectations is out of step with the administrative burden being placed on school heads, warn principals.
- Australia’s female students world’s most stressed – report
Australia’s female students are feeling the most pressure when it comes to schoolwork, a new report has found.