The Educator forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Teachers slam media ‘intimidation’ over Gayby Baby video

Notify me of new replies via email
Brett Henebery | 28 Aug 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Schools have a responsibility to provide students with an understanding of diversity, inclusion and respect, says NSW Teachers Federation president, Maurie Mulheron.
  • Neil | 28 Aug 2015, 10:28 AM Agree 0
    Its a teachers role to teach children to read, write, mathematics and factual science. Since it is clear that NSW teachers are performing poorly at these basics, should you really be attempting to push veiled political agendas, brain washing, guilt and self hatred?

Do what you have been paid to do, keep the rest of your opinions to yourselves.
  • Jim | 28 Aug 2015, 11:19 AM Agree 0
    Well said. And when all else fails ring the "homophobia" bell.
  • Jay | 28 Aug 2015, 12:29 PM Agree 0
    So, you teach "an understanding of diversity, inclusion and respect, " by compelling children to watch a movie which is contrary to their religious beliefs. That's a great example of respect and tolerance.
  • DM | 28 Aug 2015, 02:11 PM Agree 0
    Not usually one to respond, but my goodness there is some ignorance about what schools do, and what they are charged to do by the community.
    btw, Neil (above) your grammar is terrible. As a teacher I would, if I could, draw big red circles around your mistakes, and keep you in until you corrected it all.
Post a reply