The Educator forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Survey reveals principals are working longer hours than ever

Notify me of new replies via email
Brett Henebery | 04 Dec 2014, 04:34 PM Agree 0
What do you think our schools can do to help principals cope with increasing workloads?
  • John | 05 Dec 2014, 11:39 AM Agree 0
    Interesting article. You hear a lot about how large class sizes impact on teachers, but not so much principals.
  • JoeCitizen | 10 Dec 2014, 08:48 AM Agree 0
    Principals are the ones that oversee the administration and effectiveness of schools. We need to make sure they're not too over-burdened. They have families and lives too, and behind the scenes, they're the ones making sure that our teachers and students are looked after.
  • Anthony | 10 Dec 2014, 12:32 PM Agree 0
    I've been a principal for ten years and the increase in workload has doubled and the sense of achievement and enjoyment has halved. I love my job but would not encourage younger teachers to aspire to be a principal in today's climate. SAD!!!
  • | 10 Dec 2014, 01:49 PM Agree 0
    The accountability of schools and the increase in documentation for Learning Support and Special Needs have massively contributed to the workload that Principals have. The Government have continued to shift governance onto the shoulders of the Principals without any real support. We will see less education and learning through the ever increasing government demand for bureaucracy as Principals are buried under relentless paperwork.
Post a reply