The Educator forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Schools decry ‘attack on religious freedom’

Notify me of new replies via email
The Educator | 02 Sep 2016, 10:00 AM Agree 0
The peak body representing Christian schools says proposed changes to equal opportunity laws represent ‘a draconian attack on religious freedom principles’.
  • John Graves | 03 Sep 2016, 11:14 AM Agree 0
    This is an attack on freedom by the communist agenda what is next Christian's being forced to accept Safe Schools Perversion program.

I am an ex Vietnam Vet and served for 20 plus years and always believed Australia would be free but politicak correctness is destroying our omce great nation the government are parasites living on tax payers money it should remember politician's are employees of the people and should adhere to what they are responsible for and that is to protect our freedoms and God given rights I am sick of government interference in our lives.

Parents send children to christian schools to keep them away from the Marxists teachers unions
  • AndyM | 08 Sep 2016, 07:55 AM Agree 0
    A teacher in a Christian (or Moslem) school could be timetabled to lead a timetabled 'Chapel' lesson or a prayer group. How can that be done with honesty if the staff member concerned does not hold that faith? How can a teacher apply for a position in such a school if they do not believe! I would not apply for a position in a creative arts or sports high school as I know that my limited prowess in such areas would be a detriment to the students. Basically I could not pull my weight... Do we require all teachers to be able to coach a rugby or rowing team?
Post a reply