The Educator forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Private school’s mobile phone policy sparks concerns

Notify me of new replies via email
Brett Henebery | 01 Sep 2016, 11:00 AM Agree 0
One principal says his school can search the mobile phones of its students under a controversial new policy.
  • Big Deal | 02 Sep 2016, 01:56 PM Agree 0
    So what's the big deal? Students should NOT even have mobile phones at school. There is no REAL reason they need them. If they need to make an emergency call they can go to the office. No child brings phones to my school. They are banned. If they bring them, they are confiscated. No wonder we have very few bullying issues and no suspensions.... and high NAPLAN results despite other similar schools having results below the state average.

With this current issues, the kids have a choice. Either leave your phones at home, OR make them available to school staff so they can ensure that nothing inappropriate is being sent. Besides, many of them would be using the schools bandwidth to send content, I bet.
    • Deon | 05 Sep 2016, 12:37 PM Agree 0
      You are kidding, right? Do you honestly think no kid brings a phone? Just because they are "banned", you think kids don't have them? I think it is pretty naïve if you actually believe that they don't bring them.

And do you really think that your school has high NAPLAN results because of banned mobile phones? Somehow I think there is a much bigger picture here that you are missing...

Post a reply