The Educator forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Principal pleads guilty to fraudulent spending

Notify me of new replies via email
The Educator | 24 Nov 2015, 10:35 AM Agree 0
A primary school principal may lose his job after pleading guilty to fraudulent spending with a taxpayer funded credit card.
  • John Smith | 24 Nov 2015, 03:27 PM Agree 0
    Draconian treatment for what may have been an honest or innocent error. For Example was he working late and used the wrong credit card online to pay for the flight because he was so over tied due to an unrealistic workload. (I and most managers that have business cards for years will have done similar by accident and then fixed it up later).
    It is more interesting to me to note how much the government spent on prosecuting this petty perhaps accidental small theft of a man who seems to have given years of service. I am also concerned about the cost of changing a light bulb in remote state schools due to policies that do not make sense or support QBuild whose contractors (when I was a state school Principal) would charge half the price as an independent quote or double through QBuild... I am sure this has change in resent years...?
    I am more concerned over the accountability of funding that is spent in the high places for research and ICT contract services and infrastructure...
    Also wondered who we have paid huge salaries to to throw away books and replace them with tablets which lock up a site license for a NUMBER OF BOOKS -when those books in hard copy could have been used by many at once -ops... This would not matter if the budget was unlimited.
    We should be more concerned about the big fish -not what may have been an innocent error worthy of a smack on the hand nmot a public shaming.
    So how many years of his life has this principal invested into State Education? What an interesting Gold Watch he has been given?
    I think he may be a person, not perfect, who has feelings, and this is not the way people should be treated.
    I would like to know how much the prosecutor makes -per hour for ruining his life. Sleep well....

v the funds that State Education spends subcontracting out Maths education to Maths Online (20$ per student =millions) just add this up across Australia. and you willion
Post a reply