The Educator forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Principal calls for end to expulsions

Notify me of new replies via email
The Educator | 06 Apr 2016, 08:33 AM Agree 0
A principal says that by expelling students, schools are not only disrupting their education but setting them up for failure later in life.
  • Peter | 07 Apr 2016, 09:58 AM Agree 0
    Yeah, don't expel them. Let's just bring back the cane.

Every male teacher I speak to (who experienced the cane) would like to see it brought back. It might be just what we need to save the next generation. By the way, the evidence is now clear. Boys who were given the cane are not violent and are not causing domestic violence. On the other hand, there is a higher correlation that boys who were NOT given the cane ARE more likely to be violent and/or causing DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. So, the cane now needs to be part of public debate, because those who had it are more balanced, more realistic, more caring, more community minded and more respectful citizens than those who never experienced this form of discipline.

• Teach | 08 Apr 2016, 09:37 AM Agree 0
    Really? Peter I would be interested in reading that evidence. Where can I find it? Or is this just anecdotal.
Post a reply