The Educator forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Far Out Friday: Kids now allowed to smoke at school…because of terrorism

Notify me of new replies via email
The Educator | 05 Feb 2016, 11:07 AM Agree 0
One country has given is students the green light to smoke freely on school grounds, ironically citing safety concerns.
  • Nick Campitelli | 05 Feb 2016, 01:08 PM Agree 0
    One can clearly forsee the day that these students, as mature adults, sue the School or Education Department for contracting a smoking related disease such as lung cancer.
  • Michael Hilkemeijer | 05 Feb 2016, 03:23 PM Agree 0
    I question any school's policy that allows a student to smoke in its grounds. In a time, when schools are supposed to educate students on the benefits of being healthy, who cares if their parents allow this to occur! There most certainly will be a time when these students will sue the school for such negligence. Any principal or educational leader who approves such a policy should be 'sacked'. If a student wants to put their own health at risk and smoke, then they need to do it out of the school grounds and after school time. Then there is the risk of second-hand smoke drifting across the playground and into the classrooms from these misguided students. What is to happen to those students and teachers left standing in their pollution. Now I am confused.......what is the link between smoking and terrorism? There is definitely a problem in the education system there.
Post a reply