The Educator forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Elite school principal responds to allegations

Notify me of new replies via email
The Educator | 28 Apr 2016, 11:20 AM Agree 0
The principal of an elite Canberra private school has responded to angry parents who have questioned her leadership.
  • The Education analyst | 29 Apr 2016, 02:33 AM Agree 0
    Rather than accepting the claim that a turn over of 30 staff is healthy????? Yeah right, the board should do their job and look more at which staff have departed, why they departed and how were these departures were conducted. Too often CEO's come up with this healthy turn over BS as a way of either covering up people leaving due to poor management or good people forced out for a "yes person replacement".
  • anonymous | 27 May 2016, 01:35 PM Agree 0
    I taught at Radford College for a few semesters until fairly recently. I went there with huge hopes in believing that I had made it to the apex of schools. However, i left 2 years later bewildered and utterly disgusted. Many senior teachers wouldn't share resources, bullying was tolerated, class rules slackened (esp. years 7 and 8), some teachers were not informed of faculty meetings and events, and rooms were frequently too hot or too cold. All this despite their massive asset reserve (and high fees) - which was shown as a PowerPoint slide to staff during whole of school meetings. Staff complained that the Principal at the time - Mr Heath "didn't do anything", which was wrong and reflected their gossip culture and ignorance. Little wonder he left after such a short tenure. Worst of all was the ridiculas promotion of incompetent staff including the middle school head to deputy principal. This person is a complete air head and a deceitful bully, and does not know how to teach or understand how to manage staff beyond her charming facade. This person, like many others, accepted that reported student misbehaviour was somehow the teachers fault. It was a depressing experience. 30 staff leaving in the last 2 years is not because of air conditioners - it goes way beyond that, as cited.
Post a reply