The Educator forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

‘Bullying’ of student on live TV sparks outrage

Notify me of new replies via email
The Educator | 29 Mar 2017, 10:00 AM Agree 0
A former Labor leader is under fire after openly questioning a Sydney Boys High School student’s sexuality on live TV
  • | 29 Mar 2017, 11:18 AM Agree 0
    This is not bullying in any way shape or form, it's an opinion! Please get a grip. This is the reason Trump won an election. The same will happen here if idiots like this continue to promote lefty nonsense.
    • BNO | 29 Mar 2017, 11:31 AM Agree 0
      Actually calling people a d!ckhead and gay is bullying, if you have a problem with the content of the video then put forward that opinion, but to attack people for their sexuality or calling them names falls a fair way short of that. We already had our Trump, Abbott was laughed out of office.....
    • | 29 Mar 2017, 02:34 PM Agree 0
      Australia rejected Trump when WA rejected One Nation and gave a landslide victory to Mark McGowan.

Technically America rejected Trump too given he lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes.
  • JC | 29 Mar 2017, 11:35 AM Agree 0
    It's abusive, undermining and irrelevant. Objecting to it is hardly lefty nonsense.
  • Knows_the_truth | 29 Mar 2017, 11:36 AM Agree 0
    This is a rare occasion where Latham is right. Those boys were manipulated into supporting a pernicious culture destroying philosophy they hardly understand because they not old enough to have experienced the hateful nature of the true feminist. Latham should have called them white knight beta cucks: that would be more accurate.
    • | 29 Mar 2017, 02:34 PM Agree 0
      "white knight beta cucks"

Made up words from a sexist troll
    • RR | 29 Mar 2017, 03:47 PM Agree 0
      "a pernicious culture destroying philosophy"
      You meant that culture where patriarchy was privileged and women were treated either like children or property? Wow, so sad to see that dismantled.

"the hateful nature of the true feminist"
      People who don't understand feminism shouldn't write about feminism.
  • MC | 29 Mar 2017, 11:45 AM Agree 0
    Latham is trying on his Trump hat for some reason. Funny how much times have changed.
  • Denis Mulheron | 29 Mar 2017, 11:49 AM Agree 0
    PC gone mad feminists are just women who wish they were men look at the examples Roz Ward Sally McManus these shielas wear Y fronts
  • Bil | 29 Mar 2017, 12:01 PM Agree 0
    Mark's comment is not the issue. He is naturally there to discuss the subject and can make an observation of a public video.

The real issue is what influence and misguided circumstance lead to this young boy loosing any sense of himself on a public video like this in the first place?

In this day and age of very good equality (more than academic equality in the schools) if a young school boy is making a public video advocating feminist dominance over his own male being then I feel sorry for the young man and society. He has been brainwashed and unfortunately such a perspective does make him appear like an Eunuch and simply a dumb tool for a manipulative Feminist agenda.
  • Kaoul | 29 Mar 2017, 12:08 PM Agree 0
    Find it hard to believe the comments from people are so black and white. Here is my opinion. I don't like hardcore feminism, I want equality between sexes. I don't want my 3 year old daughter to grow up in a country where she is disadvantaged because she is a girl. These boys stood up for what they believe. Even if I completely disagree with them, it is morally questionable to express my view by simply calling them names. Mark Latham should consider that he can achieve more by being articulate rather than defamatory.
  • Maximo | 29 Mar 2017, 12:50 PM Agree 0
    It is all to clear that homosexuality is being heavily promoted in all areas of the media and enforced by the political & economic establishment. The LGBT movement has been weaponized and is used against enemies of the establishment from "Russia" to members within our education system. Sexual preference is not a big deal, so why make it such? At some point we will see a huge backlash from all this and I know wonder if this is the desired outcome? Why are our community & family unit being broken up with unnecessary conflict being talked up?
    • Knows_the_truth | 30 Mar 2017, 01:38 AM Agree 0
      So right. It is puzzling why transgender and LGBT stuff is everywhere. Why can't folks just stay private about their fun hobbies. Who cares? Not me, lets have a cross dressing President. Imagine Tony Abbot in a see-through summer frock standing on a picnic table in front of the setting sun, all golden in the glowing light, a soft breeze slowly playing with the fabric, now clinging to his leg, now releasing, in a mesmerizing rhythm of tantalizing acceptance and later rejection of his skin. Oh, unbearably beautiful imagery.
  • Crumpy | 29 Mar 2017, 02:23 PM Agree 0
    Substiture "gay" with 'Jew" and all hell would break loose.
  • FD | 29 Mar 2017, 04:21 PM Agree 0
    These comments lead me to despair. Yes it was bullying; no the boys were not coerced into advocating for women's rights to be above their own; no society is not turning into one big LGBT love-fest. It's all about EQUAL rights, not one group of people dominating others. Men are just feeling sore about this because putting another gender or sexuality down is how they prove their masculinity. One doesn't need to influence the other!
  • RR | 29 Mar 2017, 04:55 PM Agree 0
    If sexual orientation is not a big deal, why are people fighting so hard to prevent the equal treatment of LGBT people under the law? Why do they have a problem with a school program that seeks to reduce the bullying of LGBT student (who experience bullying to a higher degree than non-LGBT students)? If sexual orientation is not a big deal, why is the former Labor Party leader calling someone 'gay' like it's an insult?
  • David Gregory | 29 Mar 2017, 09:31 PM Agree 0
    Latham's just a hopeless has-been and I wouldn't trust anything he has to say in regards to education. Talking about students like that who have an opinion is just pathetic. Even if I disagree with a student's opinion, the fact that they're engaging in a national debate is extremely important and shouldn't be discouraged or treated in this manner. This is not PC gone mad, this is an old politician gone mad! There's a massive difference. It's a shame that more people don't seem to understand that.
Post a reply