The Educator forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

2015 Principal health and well-being report released

Notify me of new replies via email
Brett Henebery | 03 Dec 2015, 08:30 AM Agree 0
The latest report into principal health and well-being has revealed an alarming upswing in principals dealing with cases of burnout and violence.
  • Haggrad | 03 Dec 2015, 09:43 AM Agree 0
    How much of this bullying is from their colleagues - and how often is teachers bullying students reported. Teachers never leave the school ground, they have no experience of working in a mature environment. They are like Peter Pans, they never really grow up.
  • Disillusioned | 05 Dec 2015, 01:48 PM Agree 0
    I agree but there also needs to be a survey to find out how many principals are the perpetrators of bullying and stress, particularly towards their leadership and management teams who take the brunt of most issues in schools. I also agree to some extent with Haggrad that teachers need to spend time in other occupations and industries to have a well rounded view of the world. The Teacher Release to Industry Program was of partial benefit in that it allowed teachers to see another side of work life. Sadly another department initiative that has been dumped.
Post a reply