- What’s behind the shortage of male teachers?
New research from the Australian Catholic University (ACU) shows a significant shortage of male primary school teachers. The Educator talks to associate professor Philip Riley from the ACU to find out why.
- Tailoring your school’s technology to student needs
Having a classroom full of laptops and great Wi-Fi is one thing, but matching these resources to deliver better student outcomes must come first, says a leading voice in education technology.
- Leading charity makes call to action for parents, principals
Helping parents engage in their child’s learning will improve their long term educational outcomes, says leading children’s education charity, The Smith Family.
- How prepared is your school for a crisis situation?
A frenzied stabbing on the grounds of a Queensland school yesterday highlights that family law issues involving children often mean principals and teachers must deal with the consequences.
- Opinion: NAPLAN - Looking to the future
Educators have an obligation to prepare children not only for the world that is here, but also for the world that’s coming, says ACARA CEO, Robert Randall.
- Principals’ call to action: Help us so we can help you
The path to improved standards in education must begin with greater support for principals, says Susan Lenehan, chair of Principals Australia Institute (PAI).