- Could this one simple act re-energise teacher morale?
A perfect storm is brewing in Australian education, but there is a way to weather it, former principal and professional speaker, Steve Francis, tells The Educator.
- Schools can’t ‘lock down’ social media, but….
The Educator investigates what is being done by principals to combat the recurring problem of social media-based threats against their schools.
- How virtual schooling is changing the game
Virtual schooling is providing rural and remote students the same – or even better – curriculum opportunities as metropolitan students. Aurora College principal, Chris Robertson explains.
- Why your school should join forces with its community
Principals can get their school community on board to help close the student disadvantage gap. The Educator investigates how.
- New laws touted after principals bashed, threatened
Mandatory jail terms for people who assault police should extend to those who assault principals, Australian Principals Federation (APF) national president, Ron Bamford, tells The Educator.
- Schools must overcome resistance to change, says former Google exec
Today’s schools have become “structurally resistant to making changes” and this needs to change if educators want to prepare students for the real world, AltSchool’s founder, Max Ventilla, tells The Educator.