- Teachers not up to disability support, says charity
One major charity explains why a trend towards expecting mainstream teachers to support children with a disability is a cause for concern.
- The Principal Certification Program explained
Doctors and lawyers have it, and thanks to a new certification program, so too will school principals. The program’s director tells The Educator how it works.
- ‘Flexibility means better outcomes’: Independent Public School principal
Warren Smith, acting principal at Ocean Reef Senior High School explains why IPS schools have more control over meeting the needs of students.
- Revolutionising the classroom…the SMART way
Most educators are familiar with Smart Boards, but its successor has arrived on the scene to change the game, explains Ricky Butler of SMART Technologies.
- Cameras in classrooms erodes trust, say principals
A US plan to have principals wear body cameras would pose problems here, says Gabrielle Leigh, president of the Victorian Principals Association (VPA).
- Meet the on-duty teacher in the cyber playground
In order to counter a growing and insidious threat to school students, one company is leading the way.