- The Principal Certification Program explained
Doctors and lawyers have it, and thanks to a new certification program, so too will school principals. The program’s director tells The Educator how it works.
- ‘Flexibility means better outcomes’: Independent Public School principal
Warren Smith, acting principal at Ocean Reef Senior High School explains why IPS schools have more control over meeting the needs of students.
- Revolutionising the classroom…the SMART way
Most educators are familiar with Smart Boards, but its successor has arrived on the scene to change the game, explains Ricky Butler of SMART Technologies.
- Cameras in classrooms erodes trust, say principals
A US plan to have principals wear body cameras would pose problems here, says Gabrielle Leigh, president of the Victorian Principals Association (VPA).
- Meet the on-duty teacher in the cyber playground
In order to counter a growing and insidious threat to school students, one company is leading the way.
- Govt rhetoric on student radicalisation throws fuel on the fire, says expert
Tony Abbott’s rhetoric on student radicalisation is making the problem worse, warns Dr Clarke Jones, a specialist in counter-radicalisation and criminology.